• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Steam crossover leaking on 5.3

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
Front crossover tube is leaking on passenger side head (2005 Suburban). I didn't even realize this little tube existed until Saturday when I saw a coolant stream coming out of it onto the floor. Is this pretty straight forward to replace the little gaskets? The kit I got has four gaskets with molded o-rings, then also has 4 separate o-rings.
1670869041577.png
What are the O-rings for? I suppose it might be obvious once I have it apart, but thought it would be worth asking about ahead of time, just in case I'm wrong.

The two different parts did, indeed, make more sense once the part was off. It looks like this has a groove for the o-ring and it's my understanding that not all of these crossovers did, so there would have been a need for the other type. This one had the groove, as you can see from the photo. It's dry now, so that's good news.

Resized_20221212_195702_4742.jpeg

20221212_200918[1].jpg20221212_200930[1].jpg

Back