• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

spool up time?

offthewall

Reaction score
ive got a 4" magnaflow exhaust with the muffler. its not loud enough but im worried about spool up time if i straight pipe. anybody had a problem with this? thanks for any suggestions

So when i get my downpipe that i just ordered my spool up time will be alot better than with that cat in there that may be plugged so I am told. This is what a guy said because I am getting an excessive amount of injector knock or some call it a fuel knock whatever it is, its friggin annoying. So I gonna cat delete and then check balance rates so we can try and identify the prob.

By the way what kinda rates should i bee looking at because I am a tard and have no idea what that means as far as numbers? if all injectors are reading -1.24 or close to that but 2 total are +1.24 to +1.42 is that a problem or is that normal to see?

Not loud enough when, at idle or on the throttle? You could adjust your vane position when idling to get that nice rumble. I unplugged my brothers turbo so it would stay in that position just to check (powerchoke) and it sounded good. His is real quiet at idle but when he gets on it, it sounds real mean. Everybody says mine is really loud when I get on it too, it's got a nice rumble at idle. LB7 so no cat, muffler only.

Back