• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So who has the latest news on it ?

I ask more or less because I'm curious, with the 1/2 tons with the diesel have the regular 6 lug wheels or because of the increased torque and payload/towing cap. will they have the 8 lug wheels? I wonder how you will be able to tell them and a gasser version apart. Like on the 6.5's you can look at the front bumper and tell right away.

The 4.5 should use urea injection i would think. Not DPF.
The urea injection system is for assisting the catalytic converter in further reduction of NOx emissions; the DPF is for reducing particulate emissions (black smoke). Two totally different "pollutants," two totally different systems.

The 4.5 L diesels will have a DPF in addition to some form of advanced NOx control system, more than likely the urea injection system.

BTW - Piss contains a lot of urea. :)

The urea injection system is for assisting the catalytic converter in further reduction of NOx emissions; the DPF is for reducing particulate emissions (black smoke). Two totally different "pollutants," two totally different systems.

The 4.5 L diesels will have a DPF in addition to some form of advanced NOx control system, more than likely the urea injection system.

BTW - Piss contains a lot of urea. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that. I thought the urea injection was going to replace the DPF and do it all.

If piss has a lot of urea, maybe people will not worry so much about the added cost of having to fill that tank every so often:;)

pictures of sub had 8 bolt and badge on side like original dmax. if you haven't learned yet, enviro-wacs don't allow anything to come off, just keep adding more and ask why the car company can't get mpg up. gm and ford back in early 90's wanted to be able to raise compression and remove some emissions control equipment, testing showed they could use computers to clean emissions and improve mpg's, epa said no.

Back