• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

so..My CV shaft exploded:D

durallymax

Reaction score
huh?

Well I was doing a booosted lauch for a few guys at a party on friday night becuse for some reason everybody over in that area knows my truck as the fast Dmax with one stack. Not sure how I got the name, I dont think its fast at all but most of them drive half tons so anything is fast to them I guess.

Anyways.

I stood on the brakes as always, but this time for some reason they just kept holding and holding and holding until i hit 22psi of boost pressure and then I launched and not 10ft later broke.

Ill admit I have done about 5 20+psi launches before but always forget that these trucks arent bullet proof.

I hear the clunking and pull to the side of the road. The CV shaft is hanging down and theres grease everywhere, It was dark and we were using cell phones for lights.

So I limped it back to my buddies place and let it sit there till yesterday late afternoon when I went and loaded it up.

Thing is, we had torrential rains and tons of flooding this weekend and when I was loading it it was in a serious downpour. Roosky01 knows what Im talking about. It was bad.

I get it loaded and up to the dealer and just for giggles I pin it right after I start it up. Well there was about a gallon of water in the stack and it all came out all over the new trailblazers. But it was still raining so all of the soot washed away.

Its sitting up at the dealer but theyre waiting on the part due to the flooding.

Heres another funny part of this whole story. The dealer calls me this morning, says they can fix it for $900 using a Gm part or for $300 using an aftermarket part from weaver auto parts.

Since when do dealers try to convince you to not buy their parts??

Just makes me like my dealer more I guess.

I also talked to my service guy and he said in all the years that dealership has been around theyve never had this happen to a HD truck.

I told him I didnt know if I should be proud of that or feel like an idiot. But I old him he could frame it on the wall if he wanted.

Anyways thats my story. I get it back tomorrow and well see what else I can break.

I guess that explains why I seen it on the trailer.......:doh:
BTW, I think there may be a lot of short day corn planted in the near future, some of the fields were washed out something terrible.....

Some kids said i shouldve boughyt a furd blah blah blah, others said oh sh!t, and others said damn that thing is fast.

Stuff like that usually happens in a bunch of people for me to. Good luck getting it together.

Ummmm, you're supposed to drop your T-bars back down for a serious launch or you'll break a CV... but then you already knew that...:rolleyes:

Oh I knew that, but at the time I didnt care. Plus I really didnt think I was running enough power. But I guess so. Not only that, but I wasnt going to take the time to drop them.

I got it fixed. And I dropped the Tbars down a little lower than stock ride hieght, and had it realigned so I can save these fast wearing expensive BFGs.

I love the look of it dropped down, I hated the way it looked with them up, and now the ride is much much better. Well about as good as you can get with the stiff side wall of the BFGs. As for rubbing. Ive pretty much eliminated it with a lot of trimming and banging, but there is still a little if Im turning into a steep driveway. But its a tradeoff Im willing to take.

"Since when do dealers try to convince you to not buy their parts??"

I used to be a service advisor at a new car dealer for several years and this is common practice on some of the more expensive items to replace. A good dealer and service advisor realize that not everybody is made of money and that to keep the customer coming back it is better to offer the customer a few different price point options when they are availble. Sometimes it is better to make the sale even if it is not at "full pop" per-say. Additionally most advisors are not paid on parts just labor so it probably doesn't matter to the advisor's pocket book on which part you chose, he just cares about the labor to install it dollar amount. ;)

Back