• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So I drove a LMM today

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So went today with dad shopping for new trucks. Drove one that I really like, but I'm having a hard time deciding if I'll enjoy the new truck over my LBZ?

Anyone who has had a LBZ make a the switch to a LMM? How do you like it? I love the body style and interior..

I love everything about the LMM's except the emissions and how quiet they are. Man what a difference compared to my 6.5. There nice. They look even better with a straight axle up front on 37's :D

I think it depends on you really. The aftermarket has plenty of options for Turbo back exhaust to delete the emissions crap as well as tunes to prevent codes.

The DPF is bad enough but I'm not looking forward to that combined with the SCR system that requires keeping the urea tank filled...

This don't have the Urea on it, just the new LML coming out. Makes me want to wait for that because of the upgraded hard parts. But again, not looking forward to the urea tank and the DPF.

I priced a new Crew Cab LTZ Black Loaded with everything for 46K out the door. Sticker is 58K :eek:...

He also has a 09 Crew Cab with 7K miles the guy traded in after he figured out he needed a Dually. It's a LT2 Package asking 39, but I can get it for 36K I believe.

That's a lot of damn money for a truck.

This don't have the Urea on it, just the new LML coming out. Makes me want to wait for that because of the upgraded hard parts. But again, not looking forward to the urea tank and the DPF.

I priced a new Crew Cab LTZ Black Loaded with everything for 46K out the door. Sticker is 58K :eek:...

He also has a 09 Crew Cab with 7K miles the guy traded in after he figured out he needed a Dually. It's a LT2 Package asking 39, but I can get it for 36K I believe.

That's a lot of damn money for a truck.
Yeah it's expensive but then your current truck probably stickered at around 43k. Mine did...

Yeah it's expensive but then your current truck probably stickered at around 43k. Mine did...

My sticker was 44,XXX if I remember right.

They get more and more expensive every year. :mad2:

Ours stickered for 45,000 and it doesn't even have leather. We got it for 37 with the Employee Discount deal.

I wouldn't upgrade unless you have a reason to. Its like starting over all over again.

I wouldn't upgrade unless you have a reason to. Its like starting over all over again.

Reason..

Well. My only good one is that I've had my truck 4 years coming up in March. I can sell mine and have just about the same payment or cheaper. Mine is pretty much paid for though, which also makes me want to keep it.

I have a lot of plans for my new truck, whether it be a new or used one.

You're like me then. I keep stuff for 3 or 4 years, trade'm in and get new ones. Starting all over can be fun but I have too much invested now to start over. I just have too many parts that wont carry over to the new body styles.

You're like me then. I keep stuff for 3 or 4 years, trade'm in and get new ones. Starting all over can be fun but I have too much invested now to start over. I just have too many parts that wont carry over to the new body styles.

I agree. That puts me into a situation also. I WANT to keep my trans, as it's only got about 8 or 9K on it. I know damn good and well I'm gonna do a Trans Build, EFI tune, and lift pump at the minimum. I would miss the power.

I could keep my Trans, Gauges, Lift Pump. That would swap over. But, I know a lot of people want a truck already moderately built up. So I'll price mine like that first, if no go, then I'll remove the parts for my next one.

Or you could just BUILD yourself a truck you know. Find your favorite body style using the junkyards of the world, favorite engine, trans, T-case, gears, axles, and make your own interior. You would have a truck that YOU can say you built. You know that you turned every nut and bolt in that thing. "If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself" And it would cost you less than half of a brand new truck even if you used all brand new parts.

Or you could just BUILD yourself a truck you know. Find your favorite body style using the junkyards of the world, favorite engine, trans, T-case, gears, axles, and make your own interior. You would have a truck that YOU can say you built. You know that you turned every nut and bolt in that thing. "If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself" And it would cost you less than half of a brand new truck even if you used all brand new parts.

Sounds like a lot of work..

If you bought part by part NEW, it would cost $300,000 to build that truck.

Sounds like a lot of work..

If you bought part by part NEW, it would cost $300,000 to build that truck.

To build that specific truck - I wouldn't doubt it.

It would be interesting though. I'd love to dive into a project like that myself but hey to each his own right?

Well back on topic how was the ride quallity?

You will love the LMM!

I own an LMM and my dad owns an LBZ. His feels a little quicker than mine (reg cab compared to my ext. cab) but I love my interior and exterior looks much better than his LBZ.

Only downside to the LMM is the lint catching seats, thin sheet metal, and creaking cab....

See if the dealer will let you take it for a weekend long testdrive. My local dealership does this if they know I have the cash to drop on the vehicle...anything to make a sale...

jeff, keep what you got. wait another couple years and see what happens. there is talk of some better front end suspension coming down the pike. also by then yours will be paid for and you can keep it and have 2:)

jeff, keep what you got. wait another couple years and see what happens. there is talk of some better front end suspension coming down the pike. also by then yours will be paid for and you can keep it and have 2:)

Mine is paid for and I like that..

But, after I've drove dad's LMM for a few days now.. Man, I'm loving the NBS trucks. Exterior is my main reason. Now, for everyday driving my LBZ wins hands down. I like how my LBZ body is defined and seems to "Get around" better if that makes sense.

Look at the mine and my dad's trucks, nearly identical. I get a solid 2 mpg better than him and mine is easier to get stuff in and out of the bed. The beds are significantly taller on the GMT-900s and they're a PITA to get stuff out of. Not to mention how ugly it is, at least in white. It's like a damned billboard with a wheel opening on it.

That being said, I love the cab on his truck. The exterior and interior both. Though if I ever get a GMT-900 it's getting a flatbed first thing, followed soon after by a DPF delete.

Back