• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So i blocked it

BigBlueBurban

Umm no...WAIT...yes
Reaction score
But forgot to finger it! :blush2:

Installed the blocker plate today. Drove the truck about 25 miles to Lowell and shut it off for about 10 minutes. Start her back up, presto CEL. P0401, Insufficient EGR Flow. Durrrrr :cuss:

I did however notice an immediate increase in throttle response and according to the DIC (i know i know, just using as a reference), I've gained a tenth of mile per gallon.

yeah the response if very nice. that egr is worth less imo. they just released a bulletin the other day to just replace th egr motor on the p/u trucks now. no more valves and assm. wonder how many will be back in a month or 2 after that.

That's what I'm planning on doing eventually. However, I need a bit of help guys. I'm trying to install my MBRP front pipe that I got from Kyle at XDP (thank you Kyle!) and I can't get the damn converter past the crossmembers. Do I have to lower the trans crossmember to get this beast out?

I never blocked my 04 LLY. I havent blocked this truck yet either. I've heard of too many people losing mileage by doing so.

I never blocked my 04 LLY. I havent blocked this truck yet either. I've heard of too many people losing mileage by doing so.

a few years ago that wouldnt have made a difference to me...but when im paying more per week for diesel in my truck than what i pay in electricity to my house for a month....every little thing counts

That's what I'm planning on doing eventually. However, I need a bit of help guys. I'm trying to install my MBRP front pipe that I got from Kyle at XDP (thank you Kyle!) and I can't get the damn converter past the crossmembers. Do I have to lower the trans crossmember to get this beast out?

Nope. At least not if it is the same as my '04. You just need to remove the hanger bracket that comes off the side of the transmission. You should then be able to twist the converter pipe around and take it out toward the front of the truck. Its a tight fit, but it should go.

Finally got it out. Took me forever to realize that hanger bracket unbolted off the transmission.

And WOW, what a difference. B!itch is loud as hell. :devil:

One more question. Is it possible to bolt up the front pipe a little off center? I think I may have but I'm not sure :blush2:. The clamp looks like it's tighter and in a bit of a different position on one side than it is on the other :wtf:

Finally got it out. Took me forever to realize that hanger bracket unbolted off the transmission.

And WOW, what a difference. B!itch is loud as hell. :devil:

One more question. Is it possible to bolt up the front pipe a little off center? I think I may have but I'm not sure :blush2:. The clamp looks like it's tighter and in a bit of a different position on one side than it is on the other :wtf:

That front clamp can be a bit tough. I didn't notice a big change in sound when I changed mine out so maybe you didn't get the front clamp sealed up just right. You should be able to feel around the area with the truck running to see if you can feel exhaust gasses blowing out. I swap mine out with the converter each year for inspections, so I've had some practice with it.

PPE's tuner has tuning in it that turns off the egr cel. I had a superchip in and unplugged the egr and the cel was on all the time, then I swithed to PPE and and blocked the egr. Now CEL free.

Back