• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Snow season is coming, are you ready?

Started checking things out.

Plow is in good shape, put a new blade and back drag edge on last year.

Cleaned the battery and plow electrical connections. Very liberal with the dilelectric grease on the connections.

On the truck side, I need to find the dead glow plug, the truck idles a little rough after start up since its cooled down some.

Just got the new blade for the Skid Loader today, should get it together this weekend. Blizzard 8611, 11'3 in the wide pass mode :eek::eek:

Found the 01 needs a rear wheel seal, and a front wheel bearing, the Dually need an oil change and the winter tires put on, and I suppose putting the mount on the 08 would help ):h Oh well, I have 95 % of the contracts back, picked up 2 new accounts, oh and SNOW is forecast for Sunday:eek:

Last edited:
Well i had my neibor come with his 1500 chevy and hook up to my plow and the all functions of the plow work fine. I pulled his isolation module and tried it in my truck, still nothing works. All fuses are good, i have power into the module but no power to the controller or any lights. WTF!!! I just got some other wiring diagrams off line from fisher so i will have to do some more diag. I also picked up another 4 plug isolation module and wire harness for the lights from a friends 05 D-max for $50. Apparently i am losing power somewhere that controls everything for the plow including plow lights.

Think I might push some snow with this. :D Did it to push silage but it ought to do snow nice. Last year I moved snow with just the loader bucket, worked ok but the blade is wider. Don't really do much but ours and sometimes the neighbors.

attachment.php

Well i had my neibor come with his 1500 chevy and hook up to my plow and the all functions of the plow work fine. I pulled his isolation module and tried it in my truck, still nothing works. All fuses are good, i have power into the module but no power to the controller or any lights. WTF!!! I just got some other wiring diagrams off line from fisher so i will have to do some more diag. I also picked up another 4 plug isolation module and wire harness for the lights from a friends 05 D-max for $50. Apparently i am losing power somewhere that controls everything for the plow including plow lights.
Sounds like you need to head over to plowsite.com lots of knowledgeable folks over there. I'd try your buddy's controller and if that didn't work I'd check the red wire that gets powered by acc position that powers up your iso mod. As with any electrical problem, check your grounds.

My checklist,
1.) Do it tomorrow.
2.)Do it tomorrow.
3.)Do it tomorrow.
4.)Maybe this weekend.
5.)Aw, it's the weekend I got other stuff to do.
6.)Get to it on Monday.
7.)Do it tomorrow.
8.)Repeat

You have 1 lone red wire that require 12v to make the whole plow function, I get a sec I'll see if I can find my service book and pinpoint it for you.....

I checked all my fuses, cleaned all connections and grounds and load tested the connections. I had power at the C,F,G terminals on the #1 harness at the module. All is good. I jumped the relay and it worked properly but still no power to the controller. I gave up and called the fella who installed it for the dealer almost 3yrs ago. I ended up driving to Fort Ann to his place for him to look at it. He looked over the fuses and checked all connections. He then had me hook it to one of his plows which wouldnt work. He stated he had installed hundreds of plows but had never seen the problem i had. Turned out the #2 harness had a broken ground inside the plug itself. Without all the grounds there is no completed ground circuit even though they all tested fine at the ground plugs. A new $60 harness cured my problems. I am going to repair the old harness and carry it for a spare. Thanks for all the help. Now it can snow all it wants!!, Well maybe after i get new tires.

Back