• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Smoke and stumble at idle

We've never done the fort before, and We'd love to make it for Christmas, but I just can't plan that far out due to work ... So I'm not sure if we could make it for Christmas or not...but I'm betting they are booked solid anyway...

we probably will make a 4day trip this fall or so for our first Fort expedition...

will make a longer trip (for about a week) in late Feb for mardi gras week...

I found the algorithm for the P0307 code on Alldata. On the Duramax it says that the code will set when the balance rate of the injector is out of range for more than 30 seconds, check the fuel pressure regulator numbers and then confirm balance rates out of range. It says to perform compression check to confirm absence of mechanical issue, finding none the fix is to replace the injector.

After sitting at the dealer for 2 days I just got the call that they agree the #7 injector is shot but GM will not warranty the injector because it isnt an LB7, no coverage on the LLY. Needless to say I am less than pleased.

Thanks Pepp, my son works at the local Buick dealer so I had him order me one, got it for decent price. If you look, #7 doesnt require anything to be removed to get to it so it should be very straightforward (knock on wood)

I got the injector the other day and replaced it, all is well now, truck runs like it should.
I will say that there is no way that fuel line is coming off without a crows foot 17mm. I soaked the assembly down twice with breakaway the week before and it was still tough to get off. Everything else was pretty straightforward, all in all it took me about 1 1/4 hrs to replace it, took my time and didnt rush. I also noticed the plug for the injector looked a little less than clean so I put some contact cleaner on it and then some dielectric grease during the reassembly. The hold down was the part that was a little tricky, I should have pulled the fender liner and done it through there and saved myself the fumbling.
I also changed the oil just in case and am now running Mobil 1 with a Baldwin filter
Thanks everyone for the help.
Scott

Good to hear Scott...stick around... we have an rv section and maybe we could bs about the fort...

If not Maybe I'll see you on the dis board.

I dont spend any time on the DIS anymore. I wasnt involved in it directly but one of the webmasters pissed on the campfire (very long story) some nasty things were said that I knew first hand werent true so I took my marbles and went home.

We did have plans for Christmas again this year but I doubt we will go. As much as I enjoy the holidays there I am just not willing to spend that much money and have to wade through those crowds. I have another trip booked for March next year with about 12 other family members that I like so I think that is the trip we are going to make sure we save up for.

My wife and I go there mainly to research here and there...

And with our interest in camping at the fort I guess we will be spending more time there (dis)in the future...our last trip we drove around the fort trying figure a good spot to reserve for us our two kids (will be 10yogirl&12yo boy)and our 2 labs with a little space outside...we never did like campgrounds where you were on top of one another...if you have any advice, it sure would ne appreciated...
Thanks,
Paul

Its all very subjective and the place is very spread out. My personal favorite is the 1700 loop. Its the least expensive of the full hook up loops (water, sewer and electric) and my favorite of the 4 loops in that price category (loop 1600-1900). We were in 1710 last time and it was very big and had the sand pad behind it where our oldest son and his girlfriend set up their tent. that way we had all 6 of us on one site and we werent all crowded into our camper plus they had their own space. We take our golf cart because its so spread out, you do not want to rent from Disney since they are up to 60 per day for theirs. Many people I know rent from Kennys since he delivers and is much cheaper and offers great service.
The dog park is a lot of fun and about 3/8 mile from that loop. Our dog goes nuts for the park, just mention the dog park and she is on the golf cart ready to go.
If you want to be closer to the marina and Pioneer hall the preffered loops would be for you (loop 100-500)
If you want a little bigger (it varies since some arent any larger than the 1700 loop sites) look at the "premium" sites which would be 600-1400
My money is on the 1700 loop, the first 25 sites or so are pretty wide and have a good bit of room between them, there is a canopy of pines in that area also, the odd number sites back up to one of the internal roads and the even back up to a common area in the middle of the loop.
You can request a certain loop when making reservations but they dont guarantee anything.
If you want to read advice from a hrad core group of people that go to the fort, google "fort fiends" and go to that site, you will see me there also.
Scott

Back