• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

smartphone ?

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
I have an HTC wildfire and when I download pics using the supplied cable it downloads about 50-75 extra pics that I did not take every time. Phone companies sugg was to turn phone off and pull the sd card and download from there. I thought about it but think it would be easier to just delete them everytime than go thru that hassle. Anyone have any other ideas?

Can you keep the pics pared down in the phone? As in, once you get them xferred to you computer get rid of the ones on the phone???

I don't know the HTC interface.. I'm still Motorola/Nextel...

Is there a 'sync' function that you can turn off?

(I'm grasping at straws here, don't know anything about these new fangled 'smart' phones)

well here's what I learned so far. If I click on the right things I can access just the pics I want to download, the prob is all those other images will keep building up and fill my sd card. I think?

Mine will do the same thing (HTC EVO)... it'll download all the stupid example photos and some screenshots stored in the phone that seem to come back even once they're deleted.

Instead of using HTC sync, I normally just select "mount as disk drive" on the phone options when connecting the USB cable. Go in using Windows explorer and select the pics I want to download.

you can access your phone using two options....using the phone interface or just access the SD card via usb.....the preferred way for me.

Nobody says you have to use the camera or any other "option" on a cell phone.
I don't even have one of these contraptions(can't use them here anyway, no reception on the yard)

I don't care what you say.

I got an easy life,i like to keep it that way.:D:thumbsup:
All the that high tech crap gives a guy headaches and screws up a peacefull putty the put put day.:mad2:
If some one wants to get hold of me,he/she gots to wait till i'm in house.:agreed:
If they don't call again then it was not important ;)

I gots no "leave a message after the beep" either:nonod:

I can see why you aren't a fan of the new fangled cell phones.., being up there in the middle of 'somewhere'....

As long as we have you here on TTS....:kiss:

:hihi: :rof:

Back