• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

slow up the hill,, but mine is still bigger

Reaction score
Hello all, i think that i met the site owner today but i am not sure, i was eating lunch and a gentleman approached me complimenting me on my truck with a 40' park model behind it and asked to take pictures for the site. of corse i said yes,, so here i am! I work for camping world rv sales formerly meyers rv in syracuse, i have been with them for 10 years. i haul the oversize 12'x40' park models and everything else from pop-ups to montana's to oversize boats. so i will be happy to contribute any towing knoledge and or tips from the basics to the right equiptment. my current tow vehicle is a F550 4 door with a full elkhart truck and body conversion from seats to tow body she is loaded. full auto-leveling bridgestone bagged air-ride w/tank and pump, transfer flow automated fuel system w/lcd readout(80 gallons) and alot more. i am set up to tow anything anywhere, and have towed it all to hell and back :) so if anyone has any tow/haul(im actually a duramax guy at heart)hehehe,,,,,,,but i am impressed with the 550(not to get anyone mad on my first post!!! feel free to ask! this looks like a cool site.

Welcome, just so happens my camper came from the Syracuse, Camping World. Good to have a guy who knows the nuts and bolts of towing here.

Hello all, i think that i met the site owner today but i am not sure, i was eating lunch and a gentleman approached me complimenting me on my truck with a 40' park model behind it and asked to take pictures for the site. of corse i said yes,, so here i am! I work for camping world rv sales formerly meyers rv in syracuse, i have been with them for 10 years. i haul the oversize 12'x40' park models and everything else from pop-ups to montana's to oversize boats. so i will be happy to contribute any towing knoledge and or tips from the basics to the right equiptment. my current tow vehicle is a F550 4 door with a full elkhart truck and body conversion from seats to tow body she is loaded. full auto-leveling bridgestone bagged air-ride w/tank and pump, transfer flow automated fuel system w/lcd readout(80 gallons) and alot more. i am set up to tow anything anywhere, and have towed it all to hell and back :) so if anyone has any tow/haul(im actually a duramax guy at heart)hehehe,,,,,,,but i am impressed with the 550(not to get anyone mad on my first post!!! feel free to ask! this looks like a cool site.

Don't worry I'm not mad...most guys are GM obviously but this site caters to all...I'm a Ford guy BTW....I drove a 550....for a few years for work...they are stout...WELCOME:gnorsi:

Welcome, just so happens my camper came from the Syracuse, Camping World. Good to have a guy who knows the nuts and bolts of towing here.
well im sure i probably know who you are,, i drive the big white 550 hauler, i,m sure you have seen it,, and by the way you dont live that far from me!

Don't worry I'm not mad...most guys are GM obviously but this site caters to all...I'm a Ford guy BTW....I drove a 550....for a few years for work...they are stout...WELCOME:gnorsi:
i have always had a duramax to drive for the company and would buy one for my personal truck,,, BUT this 550 has yet to let me down!! i haul 22,000lb park models with her and she has yet to bitch! cannot knock that in my book:)

i have always had a duramax to drive for the company and would buy one for my personal truck,,, BUT this 550 has yet to let me down!! i haul 22,000lb park models with her and she has yet to bitch! cannot knock that in my book:)

That's right...I'll drive anything that's proven.....well except Dodge no matter what...no just kiddin..:cuss:...darn it forgot to take my meds

Welcome to the site...it sure couldn't hurt to have some more heavy haulers to help the members out ...

You should talk to gasout. Hes got a sweet Med duty Kodiak, or topkick, i cant remember. Anyways, that thing is pretty sick.

Glad to have you here!

You should talk to gasout. Hes got a sweet Med duty Kodiak, or topkick, i cant remember. Anyways, that thing is pretty sick.

Glad to have you here!
have you ever ridden in a 5500 kodiak?? you cannot set your coffee down because it WILL go flying! we have a 05' 5500 4x4 at our other store that trav runs,, does the same as me, and i have driven it, nice truck and all but the last W900 KW with a 60' lowboy and JD 644 loader felt like a caddy' compared to his truck!,,,,,,,just sayin':cheers2:

have you ever ridden in a 5500 kodiak?? you cannot set your coffee down because it WILL go flying! we have a 05' 5500 4x4 at our other store that trav runs,, does the same as me, and i have driven it, nice truck and all but the last W900 KW with a 60' lowboy and JD 644 loader felt like a caddy' compared to his truck!,,,,,,,just sayin':cheers2:

Lol, so ive heard. Ive also heard that when you put a GIGANTIC trailer on there,
it rides like a 2500 without a trailer, so its smooth. :rant::conehead: <-- No relation, but funny

Welcome to the site Brian and sorry about the interruption at lunch! I couldn't resist the picture opportunity.

Glad you came to visit us here and hope to see you on the forums. I'm sure that the knowledge will be exchanged by many of the members here and am pretty sure you have plenty to offer as well.

Welcome to DTR!

Back