• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Slow Starting LBZ after LIMP

big block 88

Big Block 88
Reaction score
So I LIMPED my alli while I was home, now I am back overseas and I am getting some warranty illegal mods done soon. EFI LIVE is easy to take on and off but EGR blocker exhaust and intake are a bit harder, as well as a big blue tranny. Is it just a fluke that it started to start hard after I limped?

But the limp was weird in the way that the light came on and the truck was definatley in limp, but coming off a stop sign it did shift out of third but then after a slow corner it was stuck in third, I hooked up the V2 and it didn't show any codes but I hit clear all codes and the engine light went out. Ran fine the tune still in, bout an hour later me and dad went to fuel up and it cranked and cranked and then cranked some more then fired right up and ran fine no smoke to my knowledge.
Any Ideas?

It sounds from the mods that you know your way around the truck but I have to ask the obvious question. Have you changed the fuel filter ? Because it really sounds like a filter to me.

Back