• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Slight Movement In Pass Side Rear Wheel

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
So I noticed over the past few Days, a slight Clunk coming from the Rear of my Truck going over Bumps and when making Left Turns. It's not Loud, just a slight Thump or Clunk,

So Yesterday I did some Poking around. I rolled under the Back of the Truck and Tried to see what I could find. I grabbed both Shocks and tried to Wiggle them, no movement. Grabbed Trailer Hitch, no movement. Train Horns, no movement. Wiggled Exhaust, not Hitting anything. Grabbed Leaf Springs, no movement.

So I roll out from under the Truck, and Grab the Driver Side Wheel and shake the hell out of it, no movement. Go over to the Passenger Side, and shake it, and I got movement. The Wheel wiggles slightly. So I get my big ass Wrench and a Socket, and check all the Lugs. Tight as can be.

So I Jack the Rear of the Truck up by the Rear End. Both Rear Wheels are now in the Air. Check Driver Side, still no movement, go over to Passenger Side, now there's no movement.

So I put it back down, go for a Ride and the Thump / Clunk is still there.

What could it be? :confused::mad2:

What are you doing when the thump/clunk occurs, just going over bumps or making left turns?

I know some people were having issues with the springs slapping together, I think it's the end of the thicker one hitting the separate leaf-pack. Is your tailgate shut all the way?

EDIT: I like the new avatar. Another thing I thought of is something afoul in your G80, but then I wonder why it only does it on a left turn.

What are you doing when the thump/clunk occurs, just going over bumps or making left turns?

I know some people were having issues with the springs slapping together, I think it's the end of the thicker one hitting the separate leaf-pack. Is your tailgate shut all the way?

EDIT: I like the new avatar. Another thing I thought of is something afoul in your G80, but then I wonder why it only does it on a left turn.

Yep, just going over Bumps and making Left Turns. Sound doesn't get any Louder or Quieter with Speed.

It's not Loud. Just enough you hear the Slight Noise.

Tailgate is Shut all the way.

Back