• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Skid Loader guys.....

FF_Opie

Fire Putr Outr
Reaction score
I sold my New Holland tractor finally and want to get into a skid loader. I want something big enough to lift a big round bale of hay. I prefer pilot controls but could do regular hand controls. Anything to look for? I would consider Case, Bobcat, Cat, Komatsu. I could maybe do a John Deere but as you can see in my avatar I don't like the green stuff as much.

TIA

P.S. When I delivered my tractor I got 9.6 mpg loaded and 10.4 unloaded. :wtf:

My 763 Bobcat is alright. But not anywhere near dependable is any Deere I have every owned..

We have bunch of skidloaders. 3 Case 85 xt. 1 Case 95 xt. 1 New Holland Ls 190. 1 John Deere. The John Deere is a POS if you want my honest opinion. The New Holland is OK. It's main redeeming quality is the 2 speed. I like the 85 xt's most, but I like the 2 speed on the 95. I would only consider a Case if it were up to me.

Looks like I'm getting into a Cat 226B. Does anyone have any experience with this specific model. My boss has a 226 that I have some experience in, but this is quite a bit newer.

Ferris Bueller in home room when he isn't there. Kind of like: Anyybody? Anyone at all?

Back