• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Size of rubber fuel return line

chi2

Reaction score
I have just replaced the rubber fuel hoses that supply fuel to the fuel filter (manager) and send unused fuel back to the tank. Both of these hoses are about six inches in length, and sit at the rear of the engine (just next to the OPS). They both attach to the metal fuel lines that run into the tank.

I thought they were both 3/8", but it looks like the fuel return hose is smaller. When I slid the 3/8" fuel line over the metal return line, the 3/8" was pretty loose. It might be OK with tight clamps, but I'd like to get it right.

Does anyone the ID size of the rubber return fuel line that connects the engine with the metal fuel line that goes to the tank?

Thanks.

Jon

Aces- where would I find Viton? None of the local parts shops (i.e. auto zone, kragen, etc) have it. I've searched for hydraulics shops, but there are very few within a reasonable distance. I've sourced it out online, and it looks very pricey (is it possible that it sells for $15/foot??).

Thanks.

JH

Back