• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Should I upgrade from Green to Dex Cool in my 1991

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as the title states, i have heard that the green contains silca that erodes the aluminum, and dex-cool doesn't.
basically is it ok to switch, just do it in the summer when you can flush multiple times, running straight water? iIheard they don't mix well, green and dex-cool.

any input appreciated, thanks!

Also, can anyone recommend brands? Is Zerex better than Prestone? i'm knocking Prestone since they are sold at Wal-Mart.:D

Dex Kill will destroy Intake Gaskets. Go with mixes with any color Prestone. Mobil 1 is sold at Wal Mart, does that make it a bad product? No, it is a product, and wal-mart decided that they would make money by selling it, so they did.

have been talking to the diesel generator service guy here and they use a blue antifreeze in all the gens they service and from what he's been sayin is that the whole industry will be changing over in a few more months. will have to get hold of him to c if i can get the name and where to buy. stuff cools like green, enviro friendly like orange but with out the leaky tendencies

Back