• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

setup, tire pressure?

06bowtie_guy

Recruit
Reaction score
Well next weekend will be going to do some 1/8 mile racing. Last year I was running the stock 265 bridgestone tires, this year I'll be running the 285 bfg a/t's. I was thinking dropping some air pressure might help. Looking for a good starting place for pressure. Tires are E load rated BTW.

My buddy was @ the track down south last weekend and posted some good numbers, I might be buyin steak this year.... :banghead:

What I run is 58 in the front and 35 in the rear. I have 285 D rated tires. Should be a good starting point. Make shure you lower your torsion bars. I launch on boost pressure too, don't worry about rpm. Boost psi is is alot more sensitive than your tach. Last year I could launch @ 12psi and pull a good 60ft. but if I went to 14psi it would spin. The tach wouldn't hardly even moove so if I went by it I wouldn't maximize my setup. The track always changes so you gota change with it. :D

Cool, thanks for the info. Last season I was leaving on RPM. This weekend they are having test n tune friday afternoon before the races sat and sun so I'll spend some runs testing the boost launch instead of rpm launch.

Be carefull without tierod sleeves!! I ran a 1.90 60ft. without sleeves but had the bars lowered. Don't go to crazy with the boost off of the line.

Well next weekend will be going to do some 1/8 mile racing. Last year I was running the stock 265 bridgestone tires, this year I'll be running the 285 bfg a/t's. I was thinking dropping some air pressure might help. Looking for a good starting place for pressure. Tires are E load rated BTW.

My buddy was @ the track down south last weekend and posted some good numbers, I might be buyin steak this year.... :banghead:

285's most definately gonna give you an advantage.... more surface on the ground. you plannin on runnin 4x4???

mine is only a 2wd :D but when i took it to the track a while back i had the stock 245's on it and was blowing the tires off all the way through 3rd. aired em down to about 25 lbs, and got it to hook a tad better...... still burned em off but only partway through 2nd. 4x4 is gonna give you the best times, 2x the best mph.

with the 285's, i'd say 45 lbs to start. being an 1/8 mile track, its gonna be all about who launches the hardest. you're not gonna have the back end of the track to make it up like you would on a 1/4. traction is gonna be a must. make a couple passes, start at 45 and work your way around from there. see what pressures work the best....

that or throw some slicks on and go 2wd :D .....

good luck, let us know whose buying steak....

45? I run 48psi on the rear on a daily basis. What do you run? If I run more than that my tires will wear out the centers. I think Whitetrash is right though, don't want to go to low in the rear, you will start getting a bounce from the rear and distrubing the front. Again I don't know what you will want to run since I don't have those exact tires, just giveing you something to go by.

45? I run 48psi on the rear on a daily basis. What do you run? If I run more than that my tires will wear out the centers. I think Whitetrash is right though, don't want to go to low in the rear, you will start getting a bounce from the rear and distrubing the front. Again I don't know what you will want to run since I don't have those exact tires, just giveing you something to go by.

i run 80 psi in mine all the time. truck is still on stock 245's and always carrying a load.

as far as my setupp, its gonna vary a little. i'm only 2wd so i dont mess with front tire pressures at all...... thats what you're gonna have to experiment with.......,

Back