• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Service Brake System

addicted

To Him
Reaction score
I get this sometimes at start up. I can shut it off and restart it a couple times and it will go away. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Travis

I had this come up on me right before I changed the batteries. They got weak on me. I also had it come back up on me after I replaced them. The positive terminal on the drivers side came loose on me....my fault. After that it never came back. Check your batteries and your connections.

could also be loose wheel speed sensors, bad abs motor, bad wheel bearings, worn brakes.... any of those and more.

cheap check... look at the sensors, you can tell if they are loose or if the wire is corroded.
check the wheel bearing. elevate the front end off the ground, grab the wheel at the 12 and 6 oclock postions and try to rock the wheel. if there is ANY play, bearings are worn.
check the pads a rotors. check the rear wheel bearing seals. if those go bad, it can fill your e brake drums.
i think you'll need to find someone with a T2 to check the abs motor....

hom many miles?? how many on bearings, pads, rotos and such.

Funny you say that....I just replaced the batterys last week. I'll check that in the morning.

Thanks alot

could also be loose wheel speed sensors, bad abs motor, bad wheel bearings, worn brakes.... any of those and more.

cheap check... look at the sensors, you can tell if they are loose or if the wire is corroded.
check the wheel bearing. elevate the front end off the ground, grab the wheel at the 12 and 6 oclock postions and try to rock the wheel. if there is ANY play, bearings are worn.
check the pads a rotors. check the rear wheel bearing seals. if those go bad, it can fill your e brake drums.
i think you'll need to find someone with a T2 to check the abs motor....

hom many miles?? how many on bearings, pads, rotos and such.

I'll check all of that in the morning too.

93,000..original bearings...pads have 15,000 on them...rotors turned....

No sign of wheel seals leaking. But the brakes have gotten spongy within the last few weeks.

I'll check all of that in the morning too.

93,000..original bearings...pads have 15,000 on them...rotors turned....

No sign of wheel seals leaking. But the brakes have gotten spongy within the last few weeks.

member "heymacall" at dp put up a solution/check to that.... appearantly has to do with the metal pad catch getting rusty and seizing up, cause the pads to hang up in their slots and either drag or not apply properly. simple fix being to take off the pad clips and sand/wire brush or wheel the rust off. this should let clip slide in their slot a little better and not hang the pad up.

did it to mine about a month ago. made a huge difference. i'm still sqeauling cuz of cracked pads but the squeaks are gone from the clips that were all rusty....

wont hurt to check it. its a free solution to a potential problem....

Back