• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

seat belt squeek

SSduramax

should be workin'...
Reaction score
Has anybody had the seat belt pully in the seat back start squeeking? Mine is about to drive me nuts! :mad2:

The truck is in my sig.
the issue:
seat belt pully in the seat back squeeks like hell when ever I move (while wearing it).

how do you get to the pully to lube it???

any help would be GREATLY appreciated :smile5:

The plastic piece where the belt goes into the seat pops off. Use a butter knife or wide slotted screwdriver and pry it off. As with any of these stupid plastic snap in pieces you have to be forceful, yet not too forceful. The two "snap in" points are on the top-ish and the inside (towards the center of the cab)

Much better. no more squeek.

the tabs like stated pop right off the two tabs. they will be tough to get off if they have been on there for a couple years like mine. I used a butter knife and a golf divit thing to get mine off.

I pried one side out a little and used the divit fixer to hold it out away from the seat and then pried a little on the inside (center of truck) with the butter knife and it pops rite off.

Then I pulled the seat belt all the way out and sprayed both sides of the pully with white lithium greese, stuck the little nozzel (like on a wd40 can) on both sides and sprayed it in there and rolled the seat belt in and out to make sure it got in where the squeeke was.

:)

Funny you brought this up .. my driver seat belt does the same. Drives me up a wall.

Back