• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Scangauge?

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
I've finally read my owner's manual and have started the calibration procedure to get the gallons used and MPG displaying more accurately. Has anyone else done this and how many tanks did it take you to get it to where things jived? I'm on tank no 2 now and it's no where near close... in fact it was closer right out of the box with no calibration.

Thanks in advance.

i'm on my second tank also and it still seems optimistic with the MPG readings. is yours reading high or low?

is it close when estimating how much you put it when you fill up? DieselA, right?

Which manual are you guys talking about? The Duramax Diesel Manual or the just Silverado/GMC Truck Manual?

i'm on my second tank also and it still seems optimistic with the MPG readings. is yours reading high or low?

is it close when estimating how much you put it when you fill up? DieselA, right?

It's reading way low. Just cruising at 45mph it's showing like 6.5 GPH and 7 MPG which I know is way off. I put in something like 16.4 gal and it showed 4.5. Adjusted it up to 16.4 before driving off. Yes, I've got the engine size and Diesel a selected. The MPH is right on with the GPS and speedo.

It took about 5 fillup's to get it right, now I don't even mess with it.

Thanks... I'll stick with it and see what happens.

Which manual are you guys talking about? The Duramax Diesel Manual or the just Silverado/GMC Truck Manual?

Neither. :D

This is for a Scangauge II, a monitor that plugs into the OBDII port under the dash since I don't have the steering wheel controls and all of the other DIC functions that come with them.

http://www.scangauge.com/

Back