• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sad Day... Big Block Gone

I REALLY liked my '03 SCLB 8.1/A
I REALLY REALLY liked my '05 ECSB LLY/A
I absolutely LOVE my '06 ECSB LBZ/A

I put 30+ gals of gas in the 8.1 every 3 days.
Now it's more like 18-20 gal every 3 days.

Trout: In the long run, it will pay for itself, and you can have a hell of a lot of fun in the process! The smell is not as bad as you think.

I've had to work around diesels for a number of years, the smell of it makes me sick to my stomach if I'm around it long enough.

It pays for itself if you put a lot of miles on. My 5 year old pickup just rolled 50,000 miles. Last year it went all of 8,000 miles. I only drive it when the Impala or Cherokee can't do what I need. I'll be keeping this truck for at least 20+ years, was going to do that regardless of engine availability.

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to my truck spec desires. When the time comes that I need to replace my truck who the heck knows what will be out there. I seriously doubt the truck I need by that time will have to be as big as what I have. For one I have no desire to have horses when I retire, that is a major factor for the size truck I need now.

In that case. A gasser is probably best for you. You do have to run a diesel to get your money back on it. I just couldn't take getting 10-13 mpg from my truck.

Back