• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

S&B Cleaning Kit?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the kit really necessary? Also, what's the mileage recommendation for the cleaning the S&B?

Thats a good question. I have about 15k on my filter and its gettin to be that time. It was so caked in road salt and sand before I moved, I just wanted to buy a replacement filter to start over.

Now, when I installed it, correct me if I'm wrong, but please tell me that you can just take the clear cover off and pull the filter out. I'm thinking you cant and the whole box has gotta be removed.

Thats a good question. I have about 15k on my filter and its gettin to be that time. It was so caked in road salt and sand before I moved, I just wanted to buy a replacement filter to start over.

Now, when I installed it, correct me if I'm wrong, but please tell me that you can just take the clear cover off and pull the filter out. I'm thinking you cant and the whole box has gotta be removed.

I took my cover off last night cleaning it, I believe the filter should come right out. I think....

You better check. I remember installing it. I could be wrong but I dont think it does.

Nick. I just went out and took a look, looks like you only have to undo the band clamp that hold's the filter inside the box, and it should come right out.

I just spoke with S+B directly and they told me they recommend 6k intervals..... now obviously this would depend on driving conditions. I hope this helps guys. :beer:

I just spoke with S+B directly and they told me they recommend 6k intervals..... now obviously this would depend on driving conditions. I hope this helps guys. :beer:

Thanks Jim. Looks like I'm way overdue.

Do you sell the kits? If so PM me the cost please.

S&B Site say 87 grams of oil on main filter!

Can that be right? That's almost the whole bottle!

Well how'd it look? It was nasty wasnt it? Mine was filthy underneath. You kinda have to rotate it, dirty side up...Just how I like my women...:D

Well how'd it look? It was nasty wasnt it? Mine was filthy underneath. You kinda have to rotate it, dirty side up...Just how I like my women...:D

It actually wasn't bad Nick. A few leaves and a wasp or two. I soaked in the cleaner for about 20 mins, then rinsed, and applied the oil this morning.

I didn't put that much oil on it. 87 Grams is about 3/4 the bottle. That's a lot of oil, ended up using about 50.

Becareful about not putting too much oil on the filter. The Mass Air Flow sensor does not like getting covered in oil.:pop2:

Becareful about not putting too much oil on the filter. The Mass Air Flow sensor does not like getting covered in oil.:pop2:

Yea, that's why I wasn't about to put half the bottle on there..:doh:

All is well right now.. :beer:

Back