• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RPO code UF3- high idle

blizzardplowman

Crowd Control
Reaction score
It actually is a $200 option on the 08's - RPO code UF3., if this option was not included on your GMT900 truck you can add it , most dealers will charge a fee to do so.
Ask the dealer to call tecline and request that they add UF3 high idle to the BCM software. they will need your full vin# and they may charge you a bit for it, also you may want to call them about it and have them get the calibrations changed beforehand as it can take up to a day or so, but it can be done.

is there a way to engage high idle without the temp being below 32? High idle would be nice to have if your running a large power inverter or have your truck at idle for a long time....like sleeping in it at night

It actually is a $200 option on the 08's - RPO code UF3., if this option was not included on your GMT900 truck you can add it , most dealers will charge a fee to do so.
Ask the dealer to call tecline and request that they add UF3 high idle to the BCM software. they will need your full vin# and they may charge you a bit for it, also you may want to call them about it and have them get the calibrations changed beforehand as it can take up to a day or so, but it can be done.

Did you actually get the dealer to do this for you? My neighbor was told by GM TAC that they had no plans to allow the dealers to do it. He is really interested in getting done for his truck if this is true.

Thanks,

Mike

is there a way to engage high idle without the temp being below 32? High idle would be nice to have if your running a large power inverter or have your truck at idle for a long time....like sleeping in it at night

Yes, I finally figured it out..had to read the manuel:lol:, but truck in park, parking break set, cruise on, hit set...it will jump up. I did it this weekend and it was 75f outside.

Did you actually get the dealer to do this for you? My neighbor was told by GM TAC that they had no plans to allow the dealers to do it. He is really interested in getting done for his truck if this is true.

Thanks,

Mike

My Dealer is working on it now, I will post when I get it done.

Thanks,

Mike
I heard that same thing from someone who wanted to replace their 245/75R-16 tires with the optional 265/70R-17 on a 2008 LMM and wanted the computer reprogrammed. Evidently the dealer told him that GM TAC said, if you didn't order your truck with that option, then you are SOL. They will no longer give the code to the dealer to upgrade a truck that didn't have the option from the factory, even if you give them the correct VIN.

Typical arrogant BS.

Back