• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Router problem?

Farmdog

the 'Traveling Can' started here
Reaction score
I've now narrowed my problem down to my router, your standard Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz.

I recently received new wireless equipment from my service provider. My laptop works fine away from my network.

The problem; Occassionaly my service slows to a creep or stalls altogether. There are a couple of sites that will really load in their intirety.

Does it sound like I have the problem figured out or not enough info? Any suggestions on a new router if that's it?

more info...what is your ISP, to you have wep enabled, how many computers do you have on the network

My service provider is a local telephone company that has several wireless networks in the area. Two computers on the network, one via ethernet cable directly from the router, one wirelessly. What is this 'web enabled' of which you speak?

Also, when I'm having problems unplugging the router for a minute usually solves it.

I might also add, when I'm listening to a live stream of radio, you can tell when the connection slows. The audio will get choppy or stop altogether.

Back