• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reverse Fog Light Switch

Mr Baadboy

Reaction score
I have installed 4 fog lights in the rear hooked to my reverse lights To light up the rear when backing I have a big camper Top So I neded some some light
My Question know is how can I install a switch up front to activate when in Neutral,Park or in Drive For those nasty RICE BURNNIN TAILGATERS Mostly some wireing info to ?? switch or battery direct can I have it both ways ?
Thanks Guys

Shouldnt be a big deal, Just get a SPDT (On-On) switch from Radio Shack, Wire it in with the hot lead that is going to the Backup lights on one post, 12VDC constant to the other, then the single output goes to the lights. In the normal position the lights will light when you put it in reverse, and when you flip the switch Instant anti tailgater! Its the same switch that used for the Map lights in the overhead console. They lig.ht with the theater lighting and any time you turn them on manually. Hope this helps

swspdt-1.gif

I just added some backup lights for my camper also. I didn't want them on everytime I was in reverse , just for backing the camper up. I mounted a 12vdc automotive relay under the hood and tapped power for the lights going through the relay from the red plastic box on the left side of the motor. I mounted a switch on my dash to control the relay so I can turn the lights on or off anytime I want. Pics of the lights and switch in my album

Back