• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Restored IH 484

Michaeljp86

EVIL GENIUS
Reaction score
Heres my IH 484 Im working on. I bought it from a friend with a engine knock for $1000. I got the engine apart and found a really bad connecting rod bearing that spun and chewed the crank up so I rebuilt the engine. I have about $2500 into it so far.

Attachments

• DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00397.jpg
    DSC00397.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 10
I'd hate to get this moved to the P&R section so I'll just say it looks nice for 'one of those'.:wink1:

Dont go bashin my IH or we'll have to throw down. Im a JD man myself but Im a little under budget for one of those.:rolleyes5: Maybe my next tractor, the only JD I have is a sickle mower.

I couldnt get a diesel JD this size for twice what I paid for the 484. I really like the 484, its built like a tank, the oil pan is 3/4" thick cast iron.

I have no plans on selling the 484 but I seen a 4wd JD 4100 and a 4wd JD 790with loader and backhoe for $4000, I sure thought about selling it then.

Back