• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Repair of Dodge ABS plug wire

Big T

Reaction score
Friend is trying to pull and repair wire #10 on this plug to the ABS module of a 2005 Ram 1500:
IMG_0082.jpeg

I told him to insert a tool or jewelers screw driver into the right side of the pins to press down (or up) on the locking tabs to pull the wire out. He want to know how to take the whole plug apart. Any suggestions?

I would need to see a pic of the other side of that connector, but I think that blue insert will come out exposing the pin locks. lots of these connectors have this sort of locking system so the pins can't be easily removed. there should be a couple of locking tabs that keep that blue section in place. from the looks of it, there are two open slots in the center section that look to have some locking clips in them. then the top center cutout looks to have an area to grab with some needle nose. gonna need three hands to do it though!

Looks like you somehow double posted your thread.

Looks like you somehow double posted your thread.
Hate that when it happens. Always on the iPhone.
I would need to see a pic of the other side of that connector, but I think that blue insert will come out exposing the pin locks. lots of these connectors have this sort of locking system so the pins can't be easily removed. there should be a couple of locking tabs that keep that blue section in place. from the looks of it, there are two open slots in the center section that look to have some locking clips in them. then the top center cutout looks to have an area to grab with some needle nose. gonna need three hands to do it though!
Thanks, he got it based on your description.

Back