• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reliable 12 sec LLY EXT cab?

MxRider801

Reaction score
I'm looking to get back into diesels again and I found a great deal on an 04 LLY. I was wondering what it would take to run reliably in the 12s. I had initially thought some MPI twins and 700wrhp woudl do the trick but any other ideas are deffinitly welcome. If i were to go the 700wrhp route what would it take engine internal wise and fuel wise?

Probably PPE dual fuelers, a good tune via EFI Live or HP Tuners, probably twins, a good 6" exhaust, just throwing out some ideas.

Built tranny, lift pump, strong tune, exhaust and intake. Cut weight (lose the tailgate, spare and back seat; also lose the bumper and hitch if you want to go that route). Play with tire pressure to get your 60' times down.

you can go 12s w/o a twin set up. i'd say an a5k, Garret 4094 or 4202, dual fuelers, EFI or PPE HOT+2et and trans work would get you there. i would think w/ that setup you would just need studs and not have to worry about the bottom end. but twins would be cool. not to mention tie rods and traction bars.

Agreed with the above. Idahorob had his LLY in the 11's as a daily driver with twins, a stock cp3, and a good tune. :drool5:

I'm looking to get back into diesels again and I found a great deal on an 04 LLY. I was wondering what it would take to run reliably in the 12s. I had initially thought some MPI twins and 700wrhp woudl do the trick but any other ideas are deffinitly welcome. If i were to go the 700wrhp route what would it take engine internal wise and fuel wise?

What??? You just got out of em.

Once a guy gets diesel in his blood, it's a hard thing to shake.:smilewinkgrin:

What??? You just got out of em.

Once a guy gets diesel in his blood, it's a hard thing to shake.:smilewinkgrin:

I know I know. Its been a few months since I got this 1500 and I just haven't gotten used to it. I miss the torque, sound of the turbo, and sometimes the smoke.

Back to this 12 sec LLY thing... How many miles does IdahoRob have on his truck and does he de tune it for the streets? Also, don't you need at least rods over 500hp?

I was reading about a cheetah VVT turbo that sounds pretty sweet. Do they work with the early LLYs or is it for third gen and newer? And, would I need dual fuelers for it?

Built tranny, lift pump, strong tune, exhaust and intake. Cut weight (lose the tailgate, spare and back seat; also lose the bumper and hitch if you want to go that route). Play with tire pressure to get your 60' times down.

So the stock charger will put out enough to get into the 12s? Sorry for all the questions I was a LB7 guy earlier.

you will need a built motor for 700rwhp.

you can do 12's pretty easilly with the stock turbo. Takes around 500rwhp [to run high 12's] in an extended cab short bed..

ben

Thanks for the help guys. I missed the deal on the LLY but I found a good deal on an LMM and I'll be picking that up this weekend. I think i'll just do the dpf delete and the stealth tuner.

Nah I sold the 1500.

The LLY was an LT EXT cab with 68k miles for $10,999. Needless to say it didn't last long.

The LMMs are available for mid to high 20s. Just check the autotrader and be ready to snap up somthing when you see it.:biggrin5:

I happened upon this LMM EXT cab LTZ Z71 before they even had pics up. I verified the price, got the carfax, ran the vin with my local dealer and had them send me some pics. Then it was a quick trip to the bank. And, boom, I pick her up this weekend.

With the price of diesel, state of the econ, and employee pricing. The dealers are low balling the heck out of trade ins and all you have to do is look.

Nah I sold the 1500.

The LLY was an LT EXT cab with 68k miles for $10,999. Needless to say it didn't last long.

The LMMs are available for mid to high 20s. Just check the autotrader and be ready to snap up somthing when you see it.:biggrin5:

I happened upon this LMM EXT cab LTZ Z71 before they even had pics up. I verified the price, got the carfax, ran the vin with my local dealer and had them send me some pics. Then it was a quick trip to the bank. And, boom, I pick her up this weekend.

With the price of diesel, state of the econ, and employee pricing. The dealers are low balling the heck out of trade ins and all you have to do is look.
Sweet, we were looking at a new Burb at the state fair (MN) and it was $10k under MSRP, about what we paid new for a LT burb 6 years ago, and it was fairly well loaded (both new and ours).

Back