• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

refill after filter change

07.5 Chevrolet

Reaction score
Coming up on 5K miles and decided to change the trans filter. How much fluid will I lose during this? I assume quite a bit?

an 07.5 LMM.

You probably already know this, but don't forget to save the little donut magnet from the top of your old filter. You will want to clean it off and reuse it with your new filter. :)

Stoopid question, i changed my filter, and the dealer gave dex VI to put in as fluid. Is this the right stuff?

Sub questions, I've seen alot of transsynd stuff as a fluid for Ally's. Should I have used this? And is it a good synthetic replacement for the ally? How does it compare to amsoil, better?

Thanks.

I believe that Dex VI is the right fluid for your '08. Your owners manual can tell you for sure.

I went to Transynd when I had my tranny built. It is top-tier stuff, but it ain't cheap.

Dex VI is correct for '06 and later. Amsoil ATF is a great choice, wholesale pricing from The Oil Geek available to all.

I believe that Dex VI is the right fluid for your '08. Your owners manual can tell you for sure.

I went to Transynd when I had my tranny built. It is top-tier stuff, but it ain't cheap.

Cheap ain't no problem. Not for my baby.

Dex VI is correct for '06 and later. Amsoil ATF is a great choice, wholesale pricing from The Oil Geek available to all.

I'm a preffered member. I'm assuming you offer the same prices?

When's a good time to change out your tranny fluids? I tried to get bubba to change my dif's but he said they already had stock synthetic. Is that a load of crap too?
I'm at 7k miles

Last edited:
Your rear diff. should have been changed out already. It reaches very high temps during initial breakin period. Get a good synthetic and change it out, a little under 4 quarts.

Now is a good time to change diff fluid if you are at 7k miles. I did mine at 5k. Many factory fills are less than full and the fluid will be NASTY by now. Do your self a favor and change it, new dino is better than the break in junk you have in there right now.

Last edited:
Back