• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

rear wheel spacers how to

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Reaction score
*** photos currently linked to the other place...MY PHOTO"S THOUGH...
I would have uploaded them but the settings are strange right now at 600+ x 200+ ***

A lot of GM HD 4x4 owners are buying these up. There is about a 2" difference between the front track width and the rear. causing poor tracking and understeer conditions.

ACA_1.jpg

EZB_2.jpg

E83_3.jpg

FD5_5.jpg

5DE_6.jpg

5AE_7.jpg

Pepperidge, where can I get a set of these and what do they cost? Stupid question for ya, I could still haul and tow with these on, right? I've seen some similar things used on my friends low rider trucks, but not ever on a truck that would get used to tow fifth wheels and stuff.

I was under the impression that the track width differences were to improve tracking and to allow the rear to follow the front better (better turning radius and less scrub).

I will admit, equal width looks better, but in my experiences (mostly jeep related, I can't tell a whole lot of difference on the road honestly), a slightly wider front makes the rear axle follow much better.

your not following in the Road ruts from 18 wheelers that are the same track width as yours...it makes a big difference...

Back