• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear Diff

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
I've got over 48k on the fluid in my rear diff (M-1 75W90; changed at 4,000 mi) now, checked it the other day and it's still nice and honey colored... didn't sparkle or leave a metallic residue when I put some on a paper towel.

Think I should drain it at the next oil change? I tow with it maybe 1-2 times a year, other than that it's just commuting back and forth to work, school etc.

Wouldn't hurt if there is any doubt change it. I will say this though, my 88 got it's first Dif fluid change at a little over 200K miles, and has hauled hards it hole life, but my LBZ gets it 2-3 a year depending on usage. Our LB7 has never had it touched and is at 150,XXX miles but that is because my sister is to damn busy and or lazy to shut the truck down for maintance.

I've got over 48k on the fluid in my rear diff (M-1 75W90; changed at 4,000 mi) now, checked it the other day and it's still nice and honey colored... didn't sparkle or leave a metallic residue when I put some on a paper towel.

Think I should drain it at the next oil change? I tow with it maybe 1-2 times a year, other than that it's just commuting back and forth to work, school etc.

When you changed it at 4000 what oil did you use?

When you changed it at 4000 what oil did you use?

it might have been Mobil-1 75W90...):h

Damn I hate getting older, I missed that. I would totaly trust the Mobile 1 but if you have doubts, changing out 4 qts is cheap insurance. Now what do I do about my eyes?:eek:

Back