• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rant

jbsaxman

Reaction score
I've been cursing like a sailor for the last half hour.

So my rig developed a coolant leak in the last week. I traced it back to the passenger side of the thermostat crossover. No biggie, I'll pull it off, clean up the gasket material real good, slap some new gaskets on and be good to go.

So I did just that, except that the least was worse that it was before. So I get new gaskets and pull it apart tonight. I pull it off, and what do I find? Somehow the @!$##$% inner bolt "ear" was busted off. !@#$%$#@#$.

I am PISSED. I don't know how it busted. There's nothing by that side that could have gotten under it. It went on just as easily as it has the last few times I took it off.

NOT HAPPY!

/end rant.

Might be a good excuse to get the dual t-stat setup :)

At least on the dual system there are no gaskets, just rubber o-rings that fit on the t-stats.

Feel blessed that the dang coolant line nipple to the heater core did not snap off! That is another GM winner.

I'm pretty sure that there are gaskets on the return from the head. That is where it broke.

I already upgraded the clip fit a while ago.

Unfortunately, all of my money is going to pay for my son's chemotherapy, so unless I find the dual thermostat crossover for like $20, I'm SOL.

I'm pretty sure that there are gaskets on the return from the head. That is where it broke.

I already upgraded the clip fit a while ago.

Unfortunately, all of my money is going to pay for my son's chemotherapy, so unless I find the dual thermostat crossover for like $20, I'm SOL.

I have a single that you can have, If you want a dual I would be happy to contribute, I understand what happens when someone needs chemo.

If for whatever reason the deal with Slim doesn't work out, I also have a single crossover I'm not using that I'll let you have.

I don't have a crossover but it sure is great to see folks like you guys helping a man out like this. Makes me feel all gooshy inside.:grouphug:

I don't have a crossover but it sure is great to see folks like you guys helping a man out like this. Makes me feel all gooshy inside.:grouphug:

Hell, if we can't help each other out? I don't need all the parts I have laying around now (according to my wife :hand:). So, I guess I win, I get in her good graces, and someone else gets to have / use the part I didn't need. :smilewinkgrin:

I am going to make sure my wife sees the part leaving, that will really get me some brownie points :sifone:

Slim.... besides the brownie points, it looks like you could do with a good cuban cigar....

cu.....

"I am going to make sure my wife sees the part leaving, that will really get me some brownie points" :sifone:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back