• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Random issue

I got a MrGasket fuel pressure gauge for real cheap. I then got the Leroy Diesel fuel pressure gauge kit that replaces the FFM bleed screw and plumbed the fuel pressure gauge to thet. I then used a hose clamp large enough to fit around the gauge and a short piece of that plumbers tape stuff, the steel banding type of material with all the holes drilled lengthwise, and used the plumbers tape for the gauge mounting just under the dash.
It sure is nice to be able to look down and see that the fuel pressure is running between 9 and 10 pounds running down the road.
I have not had to use the gauge for diagnostic purposes yet, but, it is there, ready to go, if I was to ever need it for that purpose.
At this time, it probably would be best if You got a gausge and did something similar. It took Me a whole of about 20 minutes to install this gauge and the peace of mind is priceless.

Plumber's Strap. Also known as Plumber's Tape and Hanger Strap. I've always known it as Plumber's Strap. So many uses for it beyond plumbing!

Back