• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Raced a 6.0 gas today.

durallymax

Reaction score
My buddy has an 03 Chevy 2500HD, EC/SB 4x4 LS.

Basically the same truck as mine except it has the LS package, stock size tires and of course the 6.0.

So naturally he has a lower curb weight and hes not trying to spin 35s.

Anyways heres the story.

I left my truck stock and raced him the other day from a standstill. I beat him off the line but he caught right up and started passing me until his speed limiter stopped and I kept going.

Id say he won though.

Next race, I told him id stay stock agin, and we raced again neck and neck, but I was sick of loosing so I flipped the DSP5 and left him in a nice cloud.

Never underestimate us 6.0 guys, :) I made a few mistakes of underestimating a few Diesel Boys back in the day, but now its all fun, until I got soot in my window from a Cummins kid that went to my college, it didnt end well, as expected, Truck guy or not, that was BS< and it didnt help that we hate each Other ;)

Bet if these gassers put on a turbo, they would be something to reckin' w/...

Only on a GM gasser though.

My uncle has a classic '07 big block. His brother has an '05 Duramax. They like to go out to the lake alot. The '07 guy tows a decent size Glastron. The Dmax guy hauls a big a$$ fiver. His wife has a 4runner that pulls two jetskis. They had themselves a little convoy going back from a weekend at the lake. The '07 guy was a little late in starting but he's going along, and he passes the 4runner easy. He figures that he'll go and catch his brother, who has an even heavier load than his boat. He ramps up the cruise to 80 and is expecting to find his bro anytime.

Not once in over 30 miles did he see him, even off in the distance.

:D

Back