• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

raced 500rwhp '04 cobra

bccorvette

Reaction score
This isn't a kill but it was alot of fun. I was going with my buddy to take his car to the performance shop to have a few things done to it. He needed a ride back so I drove my truck. His car is an '04 competition orange cobra with upper and lower pulleys putting up 18psi on the ported stock charger. It also has a few other supporting mods to make it put down around 500rwhp and be reliable. He had 2 other people in the car but they all weighed about 475lbs combined including him. First we take off the on ramp and he gets on it and I follow suit. He pulls be but not by much. When I come up next to him they all have a real stunned face on them. So we decide to run them from a roll from 60 to 100. He lets me get on it first since my truck has to down shift. He is in fourth and jumps right after me so I didn't really get a head start. He only pulls me by about 1 1/2 cars. Really suprized me. We cruise down the road a ways and driving a little wild racing back and fourth so my tranny was a little warm but didn't think it was to bad. We finally get to a light next to eachother and do the nod and rev, so I bump it in 4 hi. I only got about 4-5psi before we launch but that was enough to jump ahead by almost a car. We raced to 80 and he only pulled me by 1 1/2 cars(back bumper half car in front of my front bumper). My tranny was acting up from being hot or I think it would have been a little closer. It got a little lazy when we raced. All in all I was happy and he was supprized at what a 7100lbs. truck can do. We had a few people hanging out the windows looking and yelling at us, urging us on. Funny stuff.

stock trans? otherwise nice. those mustangs are pretty quick cars, butttt..........................

They taste like chicken......

Throw another turbo on that truck of yours, and that horse will be seeing nothing but tail lights.

stock trans? otherwise nice. those mustangs are pretty quick cars, butttt..........................

They taste like chicken......

Throw another turbo on that truck of yours, and that horse will be seeing nothing but tail lights.

lol...throw a cummins in it with twins and see what happens?

nice race story though....i know i'm in a world of **** for that comment

Have him put 4k load in the back of his Stang(with you loaded up as well) THEN see who wins-thats some crazy stuff lol.

Yea it is the stock tranny. I am waiting to build it untill I turn up the power any more. I don't think I will be able to get him though because he is talking about getting a whipple:driving:. I think I made him a little nervous being that close. He knows that I have plenty more in tuneing:D.

Back