• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Question about ride quality

retrofitter

Reaction score
I have a question about the ride of the 2007 2500. I drove my Duramax on vacation last week. This is the first time I have had any weight in it other that the fiberglass Leonard cover. I guesstamate less than a 750 lbs. The ride was rough. When you would hit bumps, it felt like it was bottoming out, which I know it cannot be. Was it just enough weight to make the helper springs touch? Is this normal or do I have a problem with my suspension? The suspension is stock and truck only has 12k on it. I had truck to dealer for another concern and ask the service advisor about it. He did not know, said he had never driven one.
Thanks for replies.
Tom

The OEM shocks on these trucks are terrible. A set of Bilstein shocks will be one of the best bang-for-the-buck investments you will ever make. Check with Nor-Cal Nick (vendor here) that can take care of your problem.

these smoothed my ride out a bit,im bout to put my sulastic springs on this weekend also.i got all this from norcalnick

Attachments

• cognito install 005.jpg
    cognito install 005.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
I've got a set ov cognito UCA's on order and should be here friday, but didn't have enough money for the bilsteins, but im sure it will ride a lot nicer with just the arms and my leveling kit.... i'll report back on how it rides with the stock shocks, and cognito UCA's, but i do agree the stock shocks suck.

Back