• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PVC REROUTE

psyco66

Pimp
Reaction score
I keep getting PM's on how to do the PVC REROUTE so here it goes.
PARTS NEEDED
1/2 to 3/8 copper elbow
Barstool Cap
5/8 Heater hose
2 hose clamps
Optional 2 inch test plug

Go to Home Depo or a place like that. Go to the plumbing section and get a 1/2 to 3/8 copper 90 degree elbow, and if you want to block your resonator box at the same time get a 2 inch test plug. Then find a bar stool cap in the store.

Then go to your local parts store and get some 5/8 heater hose and 2 hose clamps. Length of hose will depend on where you want the hose to end. I used around 9feet.

Then pop the hood on your truck remove the resonator box
Picture024-3.jpg

Then take the PVC hose going into the intake off.
Put the Barstool cap on the intake side.
transbuld002-1.jpg

Then take the 1/2 to 3/8 copper elbow and put the 1/2 side into the stock PVC hose. Then take the 5/8 hose and run it down the frame.
transbuld003.jpg

I ran mine back to the fuel cooler and put a filter on the end of it. The filter is not needed. Only pressure comes out of the PVC it does not suck so nothing will go into the engine if you do not run filter.
transbuld004.jpg

Since you are here if you want you can cap the Resonator if you want. It made my turbo louder.

This is a 2 inch test plug
Picture023-1.jpg

Test plug in the hole I put a lock nut on for safe keeping
Picture024-3.jpg

Back