• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PVC REROUTE Dmax

psyco66

Pimp
Reaction score
I keep getting PM's on how to do the PVC REROUTE so here it goes.
PARTS NEEDED
3/4* to 1/2* copper elbow
Barstool Cap
5/8 Heater hose
2 hose clamps
Optional 2 inch test plug

Go to Home Depo or a place like that. Go to the plumbing section and get a 3/4* to 1/2* copper 90 degree elbow, and if you want to block your resonator box at the same time get a 2 inch test plug. Then find a bar stool cap in the store.

Then go to your local parts store and get some 5/8 heater hose and 2 hose clamps. Length of hose will depend on where you want the hose to end. I used around 9feet.

Then pop the hood on your truck remove the resonator box
Picture024-3.jpg

Then take the PVC hose going into the intake off.
Put the Barstool cap on the intake side.
transbuld002-1.jpg

Then take the 3/4 to 1/2 copper elbow and put the 3/4 side into the stock PVC hose. Then take the 5/8 hose and run it down the frame.
transbuld003.jpg

I ran mine back to the fuel cooler and put a filter on the end of it. The filter is not needed. Only pressure comes out of the PVC it does not suck so nothing will go into the engine if you do not run filter.
transbuld004.jpg

Since you are here if you want you can cap the Resonator if you want. It made my turbo louder.

This is a 2 inch test plug
Picture023-1.jpg

Test plug in the hole I put a lock nut on for safe keeping
Picture024-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great writeup! I have the same resonator plug installed with the lock nut, and it has been great for a year now. It does not come loose.

I need to do the PCV reroute next. Thanks for a great writeup.

Get the PVC reroute done and get a EGR blocker plate in there. You will be discusted if you pull your intake off and see how much sut is built up in there and how much oil is in your intercooler toubes and intake.

Glad I can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have a blocker plate, but I have not gotten around to the PCV reroute yet. I'm afraid to see how much crud has built up in there.

So does the blocker plate keep the exhaust from coming back in and getting the turbo dirty? What is the purpose of the PVC re-route?

So does the blocker plate keep the exhaust from coming back in and getting the turbo dirty? What is the purpose of the PVC re-route?

Blocker plate keeps the exhaust from dumping back into the intake and sooting up the intake. Rerouting the PCV keeps oily mist from being pressurized throughout your intercooler... which can cause the intercooler boots to blow off under power. You need to do both.

Here's how mine looks under the hood:

P3020047.jpg

Don't know if it matters, but the way I routed I am hoping any oil mist that gets in the hoses will re-condense into oil and run back into the engine rather than run out the hose. So far, I've not seen a single drop.

BTW, this was taken well before I replaced my LLY turbo mp with an LBZ Kodiak turbo mp.

Is this Correct?

I took a couple pictures of my 02 duramax. It looks different than the pictures I have seen posted. Mine has 3 hoses come out and want to make sure these are the pvc hoses and I'm adding the cap in the correct place. Please let me know if this is correct, it's really tight to get the hose of and put the chair leg cap on. Thanks in advance. Rick

DSC01731.JPG

DSC01732.JPG
I have one hose that comes out the top to the front of the enging and the other goes to the right side of engine and then to the left into the engine.

DSC01733.JPG
This is where the leg cap should go correct.

Is that a California truck by chance? I thought I remembered reading that the LB7's were already vented to the atmosphere :confused:

In the top photo, the hose that comes off the tee on the right (passenger) side head and goes toward the front of the truck turning down by the intercooler tube... that's the one which should be open if it isn't.

Back