• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Putnam Over/Under??

FireMedicJO

Reaction score
Fellas, I have been researching GN/5er hitches and was pretty much decided on the B&W plus Companion setup, but:

My in-laws had an 04 F-350 Dually they used to deliver campers out of, and they still have their hitch taking up space in their garage. The hitch itself would be free. They have the Putnam Lock & Load GN paired with the Putnam Over/Under 5th wheel setup. As long as I can buy the frame mounting plates specific for my truck from Putnam everything else would be free. (this is only reason I am considering this setup.)

Does anyone have any experience with this setup and what do you think?

I know this setup worked fine for them and would also work for I am wanting to do with it, but on a side by side comparison the B&W seems to be a little better in design as that there was more thought put into the design itself.

Just wanting some extra input.

Thanks in advance guys.

ive always been a B&W fan. myself. Dont know much about the putnam. Never actuall heard of em.

Thanks for the reply Vin, but nevermind....Got off the phone Putnam a little bit ago and it wont work. I would have to buy a whole new Lock & Load Gn setup for 300+ bucks and knowing this, I'm just gonna go with B&W.

Thanks

Back