• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Put the Smarty Jr. on the truck and...

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
I love it! I have about 200 miles on the truck in the last couple days, somewhere in between city and highway traffic. I will get a full tank run on MPG starting Monday. But right now, I have been playing around with the tunes for power right now. Started running the mileage tune (40hp) and I could feel the difference from stock right off the bat. By far the biggest difference I felt was the throttle response and how it made the transmission shift much, much smoother. I next moved it up to the towing tune (70hp) and have ran that the majority of the 200 + miles that I have driven with the Smarty Jr. on the truck. All I can say about this setting is, WOW! It has really made this a whole new truck almost. Throttle response is great, accelleration from a stop is very good, and from say rolling at 35-45mph, is great. With the big CAI and exhaust, I'm able to push plenty of air and now with the programmer on it, it's getting the fuel it needs as well. They say you don't need gauges with running the Smarty Jr. but this will be my next upgrade to the truck so I can keep an eye on EGT's and the Boost and not to mention the transmission.

I also learned after I got the Smarty Jr. that it has the Power on Demand feature. I thought that only the regular Smarty had that, but I was wrong. Might try this feature in the coming weeks.

Hows your smarty on fuel?? What kinda mileage do you get?? THe power is prolly crazy great compared to stock......wore anything out yet??? Im looking into getting a smarty JR. when I order my gauges from Dog House Diesel(aka Cumminalong's place!!)....

Back