• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pulled down a tree today

n8in8or

I never met a project I didn’t like
Reaction score
The blue spruce in our front yard has been dying for the last couple years from the fungus that's going around. I had been planning on cutting it down, but didn't want to deal with the stump afterwards since we're planning on planting another tree in the same spot. So I decided to try just yanking the whole thing out of the ground. It worked! Of course I had leverage and due to a nearby hill I had a good pulling angle on my side, but it still feels good saying I pulled a tree out of the ground with my truck! Honestly, I was hoping for more of a smoke (diesel and tire) and turbo whistle show, but it really came out easily in 4 Lo so it didn't work the engine hard at all. I did pull for a sec in 4 Hi when I was trying to get the last couple roots to break free, but I don't have any video of that unfortunately as that was more spectacular. I probably could have pulled it out even easier if I had more weight to play with, but the 5900 pounds I have got the job done eventually.

Back