• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project. 1996 2wd ECSB 6 lug

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Just picked this up Wednesday. Light 3/4 ton 6 lug ECSB. Its not the white 94 Chevy though? I wound up seeing this just hours before I was going to go get the other one. Im so glad this one came up. Ive been looking for about 2 years for one local at the right price. I also really wanted a red interior because as we all know them are the best ones.
Has 4l80e, 14 bolt SF. New turbo, new IP ds4, new p/s pump, new brakes, new a/c hoses. Newish Cooper HTP E rated tires on 17" rims.
Trans shifts great, good power, easy to drive.

The bad. Lota blowby, need paint, need driver seat bottom, windshield and other small details.
Overall was worth the $1200?
DSCF2440.JPG DSCF2441.JPG DSCF2442.JPG DSCF2443.JPG DSCF2444.JPG

I wished I lived somewhere that made 4x4 unnecessary. I wouldn't hit that fuel mileage wall.

Truck is running great. Thinking of going to get some seats for it tomorrow. Pick a Part has 1/2 price sale going.

Updates.
Got new seats and going to have driver bottom and arm rests reupholstered $90
All the locks have been keyed alike to my CCLB truck $60 (one key for both trucks).
Got the steering column from a S10 Jimmy with radio controls $65, radio $40 and a new windshield $90 installed.
Getting 18.4 MPGs.
Crawled under it today to have a good look around. This has to be one of the cleanest undersides I've seen in a long time. Trans looks new/rebuilt.
Found paper work for previous owner (before the guy I bought it from)

Let's see a video of the blowby! Unless it starts hard or pushes the dipstick out IMO it's just an annoyance esp. with that good of MPG. Sure it's closer to the end of it's life, but, it still has life left. Donno - I just need a very good reason to pull a engine.

I agree, im going to drive it til I see real signs it needs r&r (the plan anyway Ive pulled perfectly good engines in the past)
Im keeping an eye on the oil level. When I got it first thing I did after leaving sellers house was hit the autoparts store for some oil. It was 4 freaking qts low! The good thing so far is it hasn't used any in 300 miles so far.
I saw your vid and mine is not like that, but its worst Ive owned. Blows a cloud out the filler and dip stick, but wont blow the dip stick out of the tube yet.
Starts right up. Hey I'll sell you this engine for only $6000 and I'll get an Optimizer to put in its place, what a deal :D

I agree, im going to drive it til I see real signs it needs r&r (the plan anyway Ive pulled perfectly good engines in the past)
Im keeping an eye on the oil level. When I got it first thing I did after leaving sellers house was hit the autoparts store for some oil. It was 4 freaking qts low! The good thing so far is it hasn't used any in 300 miles so far.
I saw your vid and mine is not like that, but its worst Ive owned. Blows a cloud out the filler and dip stick, but wont blow the dip stick out of the tube yet.
Starts right up. Hey I'll sell you an Optimizer engine for only $6000 and I'll get an Optimizer to put in its place, what a deal :D

Fixed for you. :p

I would throw a quart of resoline oil treatment in it and see if it unsticks the rings. Mine is too far gone to 'waste' another oil change on it.

Put a TraRac on it.
Put a bottle of the Risilone additive in it and it did help. Running synthetic now just to see what it does. If it just burns it I'll go back to Dino.

Back