• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Printer only prints one page in 10 minutes

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
So, just got my CPU back from Geek Squad. They rebooted the operating system. Now my printer is very slow. Anyone know how to access the settings on it? I think it just needs a config ajustment.
I lost the printer software in the Geek Squad reboot, but they downloaded it again off the HP web site. Now I do not have the "user friendlyness" of point and click.

My os is Vista and the printer is a HP f4280

Reinstall the printer driver or software from CD if possible. If not re-download it from the HP website. It will be a monster MB big download. Power the Printer off and then back on first to see if that helps.

Think about a new PC with Windows 7, not Windows ME revisited codename "Vista". Keep the Vista POS as a backup doorstop etc.

Just got off with the Geeks again, they did a remote access and I think have it fixed now. I will know in a few minutes. It took about 2/12 hour of them messing around with it and the guy seemed to know his stuff, so I would have never been able to what they did.
Will let you know if I have more issues.

Thanks WW

PS: did you get your items today yet?

I'd not only offend Military mechanics with my true feelings on Vista, but they'd be saying "ouch my ears!"

Install went well and the 95 is now running - finally. I am not sure I have a valid warranty on the walbro after what went through it...

Just so ya' know Leroy, Nick is REAL good at taking care of printers. Ask him sometime.:agreed:

Its been working OK so far. Thanks I'll let you guys know it it takes a dump again.

Back