• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ppe vs. efi live

T-REX

Reaction score
I don't know witch one to get. I know efi is top dog but i don't have a laptop. I have an 07 classic with s&b intake, 5" straight exhaust, shimmed and ported fuel rail, finger stick and egr blocker plate. I might do lift pump and trango jr. I don't want to do any other trans. upgrades unless something bad happens to this one. thought and comments helpful thanks.

I am all for EFI live and i am just begenning to find out what this thing can do. You definately need a laptop to run the EFI but to me the endless possibilities are worth it all. there is a learning curve on how to actually tune a pickup yourself with EFI but getting one that includes a tune and working with that as a starting point leaves it up to you on how in depth you will go in learning the art of tuning a duramax engine. I dont have a built tranny either but when this one goes i will have the EFI to give me the option of more power when i rebuild the ally to handle it. i have little experience with PPE so someone else will have to comment on that.

Either way you won't be dissappointed. You just have to decide how far you want to go with your truck. If you need any help, give me a ring.

I have a PPE tuner and love it. just plug it in, tune, and go. In the future when i can afford to do more stuff to my truck, like a lift pump, transmission, turbo, etc, i will make the switch to EFI live.

Which ppe should I go with? I wont to be able to change tire size and get rid of speedometer cut out.

I believe all the ppe boxes will allow speed limiter removal and tire size change. I happen to have a PPE hot +2 i'm lookin to get rid of if your interested. I think its 6 levels from a 40 hp to 350 hp and its upgradable to the ET version if you wanted the 425 hp tune. I switched over to efi a while back and dont really need it anymore.

Back