• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

possible suburban diesel swap

josh25

Reaction score
Ok so I am looking into swapping a diesel into my suburban. It currently has a 350 in it with a 4l60e tranny. I see a few of ya'll on here have done this tasking before. I am looking into a few shops that do this sort of work and I'm considering paying to have this done. Right now my plans include a 14 bolt rear end swap, a SAS up front with a 6-8" lift, and a diesel unsure on which duramax or cummins, and unsure on which tranny to use as well. I kind of wanted you guy's input on selecting the best motor tranny combo. Also to see if you guys knew any creditable shops that do this sort of thing? I have a few other minor detail plans for the truck as well as that but that is my main thought at the moment. I either want to get rid of it for a diesel truck or make it what I want and keep it forever. I am leaning toward building it because I can have it built and build it to my exact specifications etc.

Back