• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Possible sale

96Diesel2door

Reaction score
So I was offered some money for my Tahoe, I know I’ve said I probably wouldn’t sell it. But was curious as to what I’d get for it before either taking the offer or refusing the offer. If someone can give me some insight on what mine would go for? Thanks
Here’s the list of things done
1996 Chevy Tahoe 2 door. 6.5TD
-PMD relocation
-harmonic balancer
- head studs
- cooling system
- brake lines
- duramax fan
- vacuum delete
- oil cooler lines
- new lift pump
- new Injection pump
- new Bosch glow plugs
- button for glow plugs
- new visors
- center console from 2006 Denali
- new body/ paint / all seals
- mild tune for mileage increase( getting 20 mpg)
- front and rear paint matched ranch hand bumpers
- intake
-speakers/subwoofer
-new oil sensor/ fuel cutoff switch
-JVC double din head unit with new front dash

Attachments

• IMG_6911.jpeg
    IMG_6911.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 6
Add a couple of details on what it has and some of the parts you've installed... I just added some questions in red below, but it will help others when they tell you what it's worth. I know the 2 door units are rare so that is an automatic price increase.

1996 Chevy Tahoe 2 door. 6.5TD Is this a 4x4 or 2x4 ? How many miles are on her, any oil leaks or consumption? any under body or frame rust?
-PMD relocation
-harmonic balancer Factory GM or Fluidamper ?
- head studs
- cooling system Detail what this entails. all factory GM parts for the 96 application or aftermarket ?
- brake lines
- duramax fan
- vacuum delete
- oil cooler lines
- new lift pump
- new Injection pump
- new Bosch glow plugs
- button for glow plugs
- new visors
- new body/ paint / all seals Has there been any collision damage where bondo or other means used in the body work?
- intake
-speakers/subwoofer

1996 Chevy Tahoe 2 door. 6.5TD Is this a 4x4 or 2x4 ? How many miles are on her, any oil leaks or consumption? any under body or frame rust? 4x4, some rust on the frame, nothing deep, only surface. Exterior of the frame was sprayed, they didn’t want to spray the inside just in case there was some there to prevent internal rusting. 267k miles so far. She was bulletproofed about 40k miles ago. Yes, has a small drip that will show about a 3” diameter after about a week of sitting.
-PMD relocation
-harmonic balancer Factory GM or Fluidamper ? Fluidampr
- head studs
- cooling system Detail what this entails. all factory GM parts for the 96 application or aftermarket ? Aftermarket.
- brake lines
- duramax fan
- vacuum delete
- oil cooler lines
- new lift pump
- new Injection pump
- new Bosch glow plugs
- button for glow plugs
- new visors
- new body/ paint / all seals Has there been any collision damage where bondo or other means used in the body work? NO ACCIDENTS, no condo etc, just from any dents and dings
- intake
-speakers/subwoofer

Add a couple of details on what it has and some of the parts you've installed... I just added some questions in red below, but it will help others when they tell you what it's worth. I know the 2 door units are rare so that is an automatic price increase.
Cooling system was completely replaced with new lines, along with a duramax fan.
-water pump
-radiator
-coolant lines
-fan

I would say it's worth 12-14k+ most likely more being how rare the 2 doors are. I just went though the KBB site and private party value placed it at up around 6800 -9200 rage. I know that doesn't hit even close when it comes to upgrades that make these rigs better and more reliable.

the thing to consider is what is it worth to you! I know sentimental value doesn't mean a lot to a buyer but it does when it come to the owner deciding to sell or keep. also the fact of what would it cost you to replace it or start over with another used vehicle working through all the bugs of a used vehicle. Or even going out and purchasing a new one, what that cost would be on top of repairs to the ever so fragile emission systems in the new rigs.

Not trying to talk you out of selling by any means, but to be aware of what you have before you part with it! Iirc @Will L. had pointed out how much more expense it is to buy new vs fixing and keeping our old rigs going. you almost have to take out a second mortgage to afford a new one these days!

I’ve seen people asking as much as $20K for a K2500 diesel suburban that was very clean, but none of the mods that you have done. However asking price and actual sale price are two entirely different things and most of these don’t sell.

Currently, used car prices are in decline. That’s what the market data is saying. Fuel hogs are suffering worse decline in value.

To reach a large audience you can try say eBay and someone who wants it bad enough will even pay to ship it. Set your reserve at the local offer you got or slightly higher. Because it's supposedly a fuel miser it has more value. It's also 27 years old and a historic/classic vehicle. Plates/insurance exemption from emission testing can apply to say Arizona.

I’ve seen people asking as much as $20K for a K2500 diesel suburban that was very clean, but none of the mods that you have done. However asking price and actual sale price are two entirely different things and most of these don’t sell.

Currently, used car prices are in decline. That’s what the market data is saying. Fuel hogs are suffering worse decline in value.
I’ll probably put mine up around the 17 range for the top end. And see what comes from there. I appreciate the input

Back