• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pipe flanging tool. For intercooler piping.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
It raining here for most of the day and supposed to get cold (for us). So, Ive been meaning to make this tool for awhile and today was the day. I have needed a tool like this before on the last intercooler set up I did as the silicone couplings keeped blowing off. There are more expensive ways of flanging a pipe and normally I would buy the tool, but I rarely need one and this won't take up any more space.
Its just a pair of cheap import vise grips. I have welded a 4" muffler clamp to the lower jaw and shaped a piece of 3/8" steel into a curve to match the clamp in the upper jaw.
Its pretty self explainatory. You just work your way around the pipe then tighten up the tool and go around again, repete til you have the flange built up.

View attachment 30921
View attachment 30922
View attachment 30923
View attachment 30924
View attachment 30925
View attachment 30926
Right side flanged after just a few minutes of working at it. This was my first atempt at it. Left side is untouched.
View attachment 30927

Not sure why pics did not load in the face of last post

So here they are again.

DSCN3123.JPGDSCN3122.JPGDSCN3121.JPGDSCN3120.JPGDSCN3119.JPGDSCN3118.JPGDSCN3117.JPG

Back