• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pillar Mount Pyro & boost

busdriver75

Busier than hell...
Reaction score
i'm getting ready to mount my pillar and gauges next weekend, and i'm looking for some info from the guys who have theirs already installed.

is the pyrometer thermocouple that is supplied from autometer long enough to get from the passenger side manifold to the driver's side pillar? or do i need to be contacting autometer tomorrow morning and get a longer one coming?

thanks!

i did autometer on a buddies truck a while back and his was plenty long enough to get to the pass side.but i dont kno if they make diff sizes.shorter...longer ext..he has 05 gmc

I have seen others go through the wiring boot up by the steering shaft.

This is the way I went with mine. I came out low on the firewall and across the top of the firewall and down to the exhaust manifold. Had plenty of wire for the run. Lots of picture in my album of the install.

thanks bill. i'll proly refer to yours more on saturday when i hope to get 'em installed.

i got my gauges put in a week ago. i went with the autometer NV series with the green LED backlight. anybody know how to make the LED so i can dim them? or am i stuck with bright green?

i got my gauges put in a week ago. i went with the autometer NV series with the green LED backlight. anybody know how to make the LED so i can dim them? or am i stuck with bright green?

I think you can tone it down with resistors. Which size is over my head. When I first installed mine I was like WTF that is bright, but now I don't even notice.

Back