• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Overhead consoles

Z79outlaw

Its tougher in Wisconsin
Reaction score
How are the 99-06 overhead consoles attached? I want to put one in my truck mostly for the trippin overhead mount, lights on the a-pillar are driving me crazy at night.

If I remember correctly there are clips holding it in like the pillar on your truck. If you tug on it they should pop off.

are you talking about the long one or the short one?

the long one has two tabs at the rear end that slide in to two slots in the roof. then one screw in the front.

the short one uses the same front screw and the rear if i remember right is with those clips like Tow master said.

yupp its one phillips screw and 2 clips.early 00 and belowe have a double skin and can be self tapped.the newer ones dont have double skin and you can go threw your roof very easy so watch out

yupp its one phillips screw and 2 clips.early 00 and belowe have a double skin and can be self tapped.the newer ones dont have double skin and you can go threw your roof very easy so watch out

One of my not so bright buddies did that with the long one in his 92, but he used like 1.5" self tappers that were more like lags. I dont know what the hell he was thinkin. I'm going to try to use the short one 99-06 like whats prolly in all your d-max's unless you have a sun-roof or a lmm. I cant beleive that there only like $30-$40 though

Back