• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Optishift Transmission controller For DS4 to DB2 or engine swaps $539

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I am now selling the OptiShift line of products. The main thing we would be interested in is the DB2 IP on 94 & up 6.5 trucks, van, hummers... and having the trans shift properly.
We have done 5 conversions in the past and have allways used the GM TCM to control the trans. It was a huge amount of work and required a very high level of understanding in electronics.
With the Optishift now available is really does not make since to go that route anymore.
The OptiShift is perfect for a Cummins or any other engine swap with a 4L80E. Basicaly if you want to use a 4L80E behind just about anything the OptiShift would be the choice.

Im looking to start a group buy and just need three interested persons. The retail cost is $590 + shipping.
Group Buy price is $549 shipped in USA.
I will sell at this price only during this group buy after that it will go up. I can sell at that price only one time as I am getting a better deal on these kits.
Here is a link for more info http://www.optishift.com/whyoptishift.shtml

Leroy

Will this computer take the input from the transfer case on 4X4 trucks and adjust the transmission input speed when in low range or does it require a rear speed sensor in the transmission?
BTW, its not that hard to use the GM TCM :hihi:

Hey Bobbie, according to the tech dept the OS1 will take the signal from tfer case. The customer can program two ranges one for normal driving and one to account for driving while in 4x4 low.

As far as a GM TCM swap I presonaly would not do another one (At least on a OBDII). It took a huge amount of time and the cost would less to go with OptiShift by the time you consider the input sensors needed, a TCM, misc connectors, not to mention the time. We have our OBDII conversion to such a science that you would not even cut a factory wire, but again it takes alot of time.
The OS1 is also programable, so if you tow, race or just day to day drive you can set it up how you like.

That is great news for 4X4 owners. The rear trans speed sensor was a big problem for them, if this trans computer works with the transfer case sensor, then its the way to go. Probably best for any truck with OBDII as well.

Ahemmm...
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?29028-Optishift-for-4l80e

Have you tried it yet ? I wasn't willing to be the guinnea pig for 6 beans...However if it does indeed work, it is a good thing. The compushift is a great unit but way outta line. BTW this unit if it works good could also provide a cheaper solution to CUCV owners.

Hi kenny. I was typing when you posted. Anyway, I have been looking at the optishift for a long time even back when we did our TCM convertions. At the time I was hard headed (still am) and just wanted to prove it could be done on OBDII also. The thing is (and I keep going back to it) the time investment to install a GM TCM. So for the cost of an OS1 its not worth it to me.
I am buying one for myself also, but it will be months before its installed. I am planing a Isuzu 3.9 4cyl diesel swap into the burb, simular to a Cummins 4BT.

Thanks for the link.

I'd like to see the results. It is an affordable alternative to the TCI and compushift and I did not want to tackle the GM TCM. I saw it at a carshow. Looked simple enough...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I just thought about this: I have my 96 (2WD) OBDII that has been converted with a GM TCM. It would not be to hard to install the OS1 on it for testing.

I am intereseted in getting one. I sent Bobbie a PM last night asking about doing a conversion (DB2 from a DS4) in my 98 K3500. I am definately interested. Burning Oil, just PM me with the details to get the group rate for this. I am a defininte on this. Does it come with detailed instructions and or wiring diagrams?

Cornwejf, Welcome to TTS forums. I will PM you for some more info.

Edit: it will come with instruction. You will recieve the OS1 and HPG1

Last edited:
Leroy, if you could look into what sensors are needed to run this if one wanted to use it on a truck like a CUCV and also iof one were considering said swap, would it be better to use an OBD1 trans or OBD2 ? If you can provide those answers alot of CUCV owners might want this. The price of the compushift was totally out of reach.

You only need two sensors, a TPS and the output shaft sensor. The optishift comes with the plug for the output shaft sensor, but ony has a three wire pigtail for the TPS connection. They do that because there are several styles of TPS used.
I am planning on getting the correct connector (if its made) and including it it he kit also. I will leave it to the user to attach the pins as I do not want to cut the wires the wrong length. The pins can be crimped if you have the right tool or soldierd.

Kenny you are talking of running a 4L80E it the Cucv right?

Also, if you do not have a TPS one can be bought from Optishift. Its a generic one and I believe go's inline with the throttle cable.

I would think a TPS off a 93 should work ?? I am not going to do a 4l80e in my M1008 as I got a sick deal from a member on DP. I got an entire rebuilt NV4500 setup with everything for a G but I do forsee an M1009(Blazer CUCV) in my driveway someday and this is the route I would go. I saw this unit displayed at the Stafford Swap Meet and I was impressed with what I saw and heard. Mre impressed with the price...:D

Yes the tps from the DB2 pump is perfect for use with the OptiShift kit.
I was tring to say if you had some other swap like a cummins or ??? the generic tps OptiShift sells can be used.

Back