• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

On my way home ;)

Drew

<font color=blue>Capa'n</font>
Reaction score
So it has been a few years since my "buddy" had a good "run.

Tonight, "he" was headed somewhere on a rural interstate doing about 6 over in the left lane. To his right were a group of slower cars doing maybe 1-2 over.

A newer Impala comes up on him and decided he wanted to see how much smoke could come out of this truck....after a few "back off warnings", he decided he wanted around instead of backing off. (could barely see the roof of his car)

He darted over to the right lane, then over to the median and passed on the right...and merged back over, about 3 car lengths ahead. His windows were tinted (mine too), but I think he gave me a "sign".

My "buddy" figured after this little stunt, he'd have some fun. :)

The other driver rolled it up to 80, we matched, he rolled a little further, we matched that...at about 90, he must have given it all it would take...and hit the govenor at 98 ;)....I didnt... and passed him with a grin...and after a look down seeing the needle buried...looked up a bit nervous hoping there was no bears in the road.

They got off at the next exit, to another rural interstate (4 lane divided hwy)...he tried 2 more times to pass, with a big FAIL, the 3rd time he tried, we figured at that point, with there being traffic ahead, we'd rather him "win" than see an accident happen.

Fortunately we just had all this snow, and my rear bumper is mounded up....no worries about someone showing up at my door ;)

So it has been a few years since my "buddy" had a good "run.

Tonight, "he" was headed somewhere on a rural interstate doing about 6 over in the left lane. To his right were a group of slower cars doing maybe 1-2 over.

A newer Impala comes up on him and decided he wanted to see how much smoke could come out of this truck....after a few "back off warnings", he decided he wanted around instead of backing off. (could barely see the roof of his car)

He darted over to the right lane, then over to the median and passed on the right...and merged back over, about 3 car lengths ahead. His windows were tinted (mine too), but I think he gave me a "sign".

My "buddy" figured after this little stunt, he'd have some fun. :)

The other driver rolled it up to 80, we matched, he rolled a little further, we matched that...at about 90, he must have given it all it would take...and hit the govenor at 98 ;)....I didnt... and passed him with a grin...and after a look down seeing the needle buried...looked up a bit nervous hoping there was no bears in the road.

They got off at the next exit, to another rural interstate (4 lane divided hwy)...he tried 2 more times to pass, with a big FAIL, the 3rd time he tried, we figured at that point, with there being traffic ahead, we'd rather him "win" than see an accident happen.

Fortunately we just had all this snow, and my rear bumper is mounded up....no worries about someone showing up at my door ;)

and you were doing so well at the ananimity):h

I gave pops and his mustang a run the other night. Sometimes is hard to refrain yourself.. It's always good to let loose every now and then.

Only 6 over in the left lane?? Get the heII out of the way! Lucky for you a newer Impala wasn't an unmarked cruiser. They use them around here a lot, and in Mass they will try to get you to race them so they can screw you over.

Back